Many readers may have wondered which came first; the chicken or the egg, but a similar problem occurs when trying to decide who led who in plant bee evolution. Well now, the problem has been solved – at least in Australia.
(Well it’s not really new because beekeepers have been using this technique for years – but it’s new to the scientists. Ed)
Ecologists in Germany have developed a better way of rearing bee larvae in the laboratory that could help discover why honey bee populations [...]
Evolution is an amazing process and this research describes another evolutionary trick that has evolved over time. The recipe for making one species into two requires time and some kind of separation, like being on different islands or something else that discourages gene flow between the two budding species. In the case of [...]
Charles Darwin’s ‘abominable mystery’ has come somewhat closer to being solved by this fascinating piece of research which shows us just how pollinators are able to influence the shape of a flower.
For the past 10 years, José María Gómez and Francisco Perfectti of the University of Granada in Spain have used [...]
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Tag CloudAlmonds Antibiotic Banyan Tree Bee brains Bee Products Biodiversity Bumble bee Bumblebees Caffeine Charles Darwin Colony collapse disorder CSIRO David Heaf Decline DNA Easton College Editor Eigel Holm Emily Dickinson EU Eudicots Evolution Gardens Genetics Hive Beetle John Yates Larvae Manuka Memory MGO Monash University NDB Nectar Neonicotinoids New Zealand Pesticides Queen breeding Silkworms Swarms Trap UMF Varroa Viruses Waggle Zaat
- The Plight of the Honeybee | Just Food Now "News and Views" on Historical Note
- The Plight of the Honeybee | Top-Hotels-in-the-World.com on Historical Note
- NewspaperFeed » The Plight of the Honeybee – National Geographic News – National Geographic on Historical Note
- The Plight of the Honeybee – National Geographic News – National Geographic | bestwebnewsonline.com on Historical Note
- The Plight of the Honeybee | EMAILS & NEWSLETTERS FORUM on Historical Note